Egg is fried with onion, tomato and condiments.
- 1 egg
- ½ small onion finely chopped
- ½ small tomato finely chopped
- ½ tsp Red Chili Powder
- ½ tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tsp cooking oil
- 1 tsp finely Chopped Cilantro leaves
- Salt To taste
- Heat oil in a non-sticking pan and fry onion on medium flame until it becomes soft and light brown.
- Add chopped tomato and fry until tomato is soft.
- Mix in all of the ingredients.
- Now spread the onion tomato mix in the pan.
- Break the egg and slowly drop on the onion tomato mix. Do not stir. Cook uncovered on slow flame for 3-4 minutes till egg yolk solidifies.
- Garnish with black pepper powder.
- Serve hot.
Do You Know?
Yolk color of egg is dependent on the diet of the hen; if the diet contains yellow/orange plant pigments known as xanthophylls, then they are deposited in the yolk, coloring it. A colorless diet can produce an almost colorless yolk. Farmers may enhance yolk color with artificial pigments, or with natural supplements rich in lutein (marigold petals are a popular choice), but in most locations, this activity is forbidden.